Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Could've sworn it was judgement day

Me: I need to schedule a repair for my washer under my service plan. It won't drain water or spin.
Rep: Have you turned off the breaker to reset the control panel?
Me: Reset the control panel? No...
Rep: I can't schedule service until you've tried resetting the control panel. You have to turn off the breaker for 30 seconds. Then call again after you've done that.
Me: You know my machine is from 1999, right?
Rep: (silence)
Me: There's no electronic control panel.
Rep: There's no display?
Me: No.
Rep: There's just knobs that you turn and stuff?
Me: Yup.
Rep: Okay, let me get someone out there....

2 comments:

dguzman said...

Oh dear. It must be in the air. When I was in Cape Cod, one of our washing machine hoses broke and hundreds of gallons of water flooded the basement. Poor AB had to clean it all up herself.

GETkristiLOVE said...

That's funny. When I bought our new washer and dryer, I asked the guy... well what happens when this control panel goes out or breaks, then there's no knobs and stuff to try.