Thursday, March 22, 2007

I'm tired too, y'all

I'm so tired, I need a new word for tired.

That’s why, some days, I just have to talk about what a nice day I had, or my favorite band, or other stupid shit like that.

On that note, don’t think those meme things don’t tempt me. They do, but I feel about them the same way I feel about karaoke: I’m very supportive and interested in other people’s contributions, but I remain convinced that no one wants to hear mine. No one wants to hear me sing “Love Lifts Us Up Where We Belong,” no matter how ironically I sing it, and no one wants to know if I have a tattoo, or whether I’ve been up in a hot air balloon.

I haven’t, by the way. Been up in a hot air balloon. I’m sure it’s fabulous, but I’ve never done that. And I’ve never been in a helicopter, either, let alone fly over Hawaiian volcanoes in a helicopter, like some lucky people have. I’m sure it’s the most amazing thing ever, to do that, but I’ve never done it. That’s someone else’s life, those things. I did fly once in my uncle Jack’s little Buddy Holly death machine-type airplane, and it made me so sick I threw up all over my little sister. She cried, when I did that, and I really can’t say that I blame her. But what was I supposed to do? Throw up on myself? It was a small area, and my choices were limited.

So I’m tired, and I want our servicemen and women to stop dying in Iraq. We can never win, there, ever, because we are the cause of the fighting. The only way to win is to leave, and you may think I’m being too simplistic, and you can argue that the Middle East experts in the administration are saying that our “premature” departure would have grave consequences both abroad and at home, and to that I would say, hey, why not listen to them? I mean, they’ve been right about so many things so far.

Excuse me, I have to go lay down now.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

You usually pay double for aerial Roman sister action. Then again, it didn't sound hot before, it doesn't sound hot now, and throwing the war thing in really adds to the bummer.

Goddammit, it's nice out. Let's hear about the water levels in that lily pond or Spooney's O face. I don't want no futility shit today.

Larry Jones said...

Way to keep the flow o' the blog going, though, even through the fatigue.

Anonymous said...

She's a real trooper, that one.

Hey Michael, how about a pic of me doing my O face while in the pond!

MonstrousJoe said...

You thru up on GKL? Earled? Puked? Urgged? Spewed? Et al?

Whoa.

Moderator said...

I applaud you aversion to memes and I second your vomiting.

Now about those tattoos...

Unknown said...

Why Spooney you shameless exhibitionist! Let's do this right and prototype your debut album cover!

vikkitikkitavi said...

Michael: Well, I'm stuck at work listening to NPR, so nertz to you.

LJ: I didn't even know I had a flow o' the blog. Wow.

Spooney: Remember what the ASPCA told us about harassing the fish, sweetie?

MJoe: Oh yeah, it was voluminous, too.

Grant: Singular tattoo. Classic design. Non-sexual location. See why I don't do memes?

Michael: I think the idea is to SELL albums.

Anonymous said...

I turn down flights on little planes, too. I've got a friend whose very famous husband loves to fly, but I won't ever go up with him. I just don't want to be the answer in some future trivia game.

Johnny Yen said...

A family friend had a little Cesna, and he used to take it up and let us take the controls for a while. It was way cool-- I flew an airplane before I learned to drive. My son is jealous.

The schoolyard bullies are down-- let's get a kick or two in.

vikkitikkitavi said...

Kirby: Fascinating! I'll bet I can guess who.

BTW, I wouldn't worry about the trivia too much. No one remembers the name of John Kennedy Jr.'s wife's friend that was killed in that crash.

JohnnyY: Kicking the bullies that have been terrorizing us for the last 6 years? That's partisan grandstanding, my friend.

Anonymous said...

I flew in a helicopter in Hawaii, and you know what? It wasn't the most amazing thing ever. It was great, don't get me wrong. But, you'll live without ever experiencing it if that's what you choose to do. 'Course, I didn't fly over volcanos, so maybe that was the problem.

Swimming w/ dolphins was the most amazing thing ever. And cheaper too, I believe!

GETkristiLOVE said...

I would tell you how awesome it was to fly over the Hawaiian volcanoes watching lava spew out, but that would seem like I was getting back at you for throwing up on me.