Thursday, April 06, 2006

I love you, Harry Taylor

And I am sorry for any future wiretapping committed against you by the NSA.
And any surveillance of you and your family by the Secret Service.
And any future IRS audits of your tax returns.
Oh, and the hatemail from wingnuts. I am sorry for that too.

CNN:

A man who identified himself as Harry Taylor rose at a forum here to tell Bush that he's never felt more ashamed of the leadership of his country.

He said Bush has asserted his right to tap phone calls without a warrant, to arrest people and hold them without charges and to revoke a woman's right to an abortion, among other things.

He was booed by the audience, but Bush interrupted and urged the audience to let Taylor finish.

"I feel like despite your rhetoric, that compassion and common sense have been left far behind during your administration," Taylor said, standing in a balcony seat and looking down at Bush on stage. "And I would hope from time to time that you have the humility and grace to be ashamed of yourself."

Bush defended the National Security Administration's surveillance program, saying he authorized the program to protect the country.

"You said would I apologize for that?" Bush told him. "The answer is absolutely not."



(thanks to JoshyP for the link)

3 comments:

kiki said...

for someone as stupid as Bush, it was a smart move to hush the crowd and let HT finish...

Moderator said...

Gives me a headache just reading this. I'm moving.

vikkitikkitavi said...

Mmmm....Vancouver....