Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Jagshemash!


Christ, I love Borat. And not just because he kicks ass in a man-thong, although he does.

If you haven't yet seen a preview of his new movie, Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan, you can see one here. You can also see Borat speaking live at the Toronto Film Festival here.

Apparently, the president of Kazakhstan is so upset about how Borat (a fictional character created by the dreamy Brit comedian Sacha Baron Cohen) is portraying his country that he is going to discuss the problem with President Bush when he arrives for a state visit later this month.

In an earlier public statement, the Kazakh government has reserved the right to take legal action in the matter, and hinted that they thought Mr. Cohen might be "serving someone's political order designed to present Kazakhstan and its people in a derogatory way."

Borat himself has responded "I fully support my government's decision to sue this Jew."

3 comments:

GETkristiLOVE said...

I take it he's not related to Sasha Cohen...

Some Guy said...

Borat is hilarious! That is my kind of comedy.

vikkitikkitavi said...

Kristi: I dunno, that looks like it could be a skating costume.

Chris: The last time I saw Eddie Izzard at a small club in LA, Sacha was in the audience. I had a major freak out. My friends had to hold me back from rushing him.