Monday, September 18, 2006

"There are times where I'm glad I'm alive, and there are times where I wish it would've killed me."


Forget that giant yellow ribbon magnet, if you really want to support the troops, go see the new documentary The Ground Truth. It's a movie that takes you inside the experience of being a soldier, and, in the words of one of those interviewed, "honors the veterans by really listening to what they have to say."

One of the producers is a friend of mine, and neither one of us would steer ya wrong. You can see a clip here if you don't believe us though.

5 comments:

SkylersDad said...

I believe you Vikki, and I still check out the clip because I really do want to hear what they have to say.

After a short clip, I can only say wow...

It should be required viewing for the administration, and for anyone who seeks the power to be able to send our troops in harms way.

Some Guy said...

It looks really good. More movies like this need to be made. People are so detatched and so girded by patriotic BS that they don't understand what we ask soldiers to do. Did you see "Winter Soldier " yet?

Moderator said...

"Jarhead" was a good book, though set in 1990.

I don't know about the movie.

RandyLuvsPaiste said...

I can't wait to see just how the conservative talking heads will try to discredit this film.

Speaking of, did anybody else catch Fucker Carlson on Dancing With The Stars? This man can make an ass of himself in any situation. Now THAT'S talent!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j40rEUCuA1M

vikkitikkitavi said...

SkyDad: I'd like to make up their "required viewing" list.

Chris: Not yet. Sitting at home, though.

Grant: I read "Jarhead" and loved it. Movie just okay.

Randy: That is the cringiest thing I have seen in a long time.

What's next? Republicans on Ice?