Tuesday, January 23, 2007

One Day After Blog for Choice Day

Um, I guess I didn't get the memo, because yesterday, being the 34th anniversary of Roe v. Wade, was also "Blog for Choice" day.

My readers, all twelve of you, know how I feel about this issue. But no one can sum the argument better than Megan over at By and By.

Of course, Bush used the anniversary as an excuse to wax idiotic on abortion and stem-cell research, which he still opposes in the most hypocritical of ways, ever.

Tell me, if Bush's side of the argument is about "right to life" and not "political expediency," then why doesn't he propose that we outlaw the disposal of the fertilized eggs that are produced, but not utilized by, couples attempting in-vitro fertilization? Because that's where stem cells come from.

Why doesn't anyone ever ask him that?

1 comment:

Megan said...

Damn liberal media!

And thanks for the link.