Friday, August 05, 2005

Indiana wants me...

Okay, you've all heard that a new poll has W's approval ratings dipping to new lows yet again. But check out this bit from CNN (emphasis mine):
Approval of Bush's handling of Iraq, which had been hovering in the low- to mid-40s most of the year, dipped to 38 percent. Midwesterners and young women and men with a high school education or less were most likely to disapprove of Bush on his handling of Iraq in the past six months.

Wha?

I had to read that paragraph about 8 times to make sure I wasn't reading it wrong. It just seems so unlikely, and yet so...Hallelujah!

Midwesterners? Really? High school education or less? Really? It seems too good to be true, and yet...

Indiana, is that you? Is that you there, darling, after all these years, back on my doorstep with your hat in your hand and your heart on your sleeve? Oh, Indiana, I know we've had our disagreements, but seeing you here, with me, not against me, but really with me...I don't know what to say.

Indiana, if you mean it, if you really mean it, then all is forgiven and I am ready to start again. I am ready, baby, to love you again. To walk those corn fields and those gravel roads of my old beloved Indiana and to feel us together, just like it used to be. To feel that old Hoosier magic come alive again, darling.

I've been waiting for you in the disapproval side of Bush's polls all along. Come and get me.

No comments: