Friday, August 12, 2005

Pop Overthrow post-op

When I was at the International Pop Overthrow last month I was amazed by several of the bands there, for sure. I've already written about how great the Paula Kelley Orchestra and Ad Frank were, but I gotta say I was also really blown away by Dave Aaronoff & the Details.

I went to buy a CD after the show, 'cause that's the kind of gal I am, but they had none at the merch table. So I walked right up to Dave Aaronoff himself, 'cause that's the kind of gal I am, and complained. So he takes my address and says he'll send me one, right? Right.

But he actually did send me one. How awesome is that? And seriously guys, it's a mighty fine CD. It's called the Devil's in the Details, and it's kinda rambunctious and yet kinda sophisticated, and there's definitely a 70s-80s British new wave/pop influence, so how cool is that?

I suggest you check out the website and at least get yourself on the mailing list so you can see them when they hit your town. Or even buy a CD or two. Check it, you can listen before you buy.

No comments: