Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Like maybe making movies that don't suck ass

Comedic goddess Kathy Griffin has revealed in an interview that she was pressured by director Steven Spielberg's people to apologize for a joke she made at the Golden Globes last year about 10-year-old War of the Worlds actress Dakota Fanning being in rehab:

“I get a call from the lawyers, and they’re, like, ‘DreamWorks … is furious about the whole Dakota Fanning thing, and they’re livid, and Spielberg is personally furious, and DreamWorks is putting you on a list, and they demand an apology,’ ” Griffin said.

“And I’m, like, ‘A list?’ I’m on the s- list? Who gives a s-? … Put me on your list. And Spielberg? Oh, what’s the matter? I’m not going to star in any more Steven Spielberg movies? Oh, no! What’ll I do with my time?

“Oh, and E! Channel called me: ‘We demand an apology.’ And I go, ‘OK, here’s your apology: You’d have to be a [bleep]ing idiot to not know I was kidding.’ And they’re, like, ‘Well, we can’t print that’ … It’s a joke. It’s a joke. I’m not going to apologize for jokes. Ten years old. It’s a joke.


Maybe Spielberg should find a better way to spend his, and his people's time.

No comments: