Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Ticket to nowhere

Please please please don't let Hillary be the nominee in '08.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see a woman nominated, but not this woman.

I loved her as a first lady, and I'm sure she's done well by New York, but she is not a good enough politician to win national office.

Case in point? The whole "plantation" reference. I'm sure it was a remark designed to get her some press, which it did, and to endear her to a certain constituency, you know, in a clumsy, I'm-with-homey, condescending, did-I-mention-my-husband-works-in-Harlem kind of way.

Argh! It's so infuriating. She was his first lady, and they've been married for 30 years, sort of, and she's learned nothing -- nothing! about how to make words come out of her mouth that people will believe are true.

No comments: